(originally shared by Renn Niquette) Colchester residents are celebrating our 250th anniversary (Charter Day) on Saturday, June 8th. Many exciting events are being planned leading up to June 8th and throughout the summer. These events include but are not limited to the following:
- May 5th “Musicale” at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church on Prim Road at 2 p.m. This event will last 1 hour with refreshments to follow.
- The School District Art Show from May 7-10 in the high school during school hours (250th theme).
- May 31 – Performing Arts Evening (town and school bands and choruses and a skit by the CHS Theatre group), 7 p.m. CHS Auditorium. All are free and open to the public.
- Charter Day celebration events on June 8th.
- In addition, the Colchester Parks and Recreation is sponsoring a Colchester Causeway 5K/15K Run on Sat., June 8, 2013.
The 250th committees would love your help. The Steering committee meets April 4 at 5 PM in the Parsonage House on Main St. There is a Charter Day meeting on Mon April 1 at 3:30 p.m. in the SMC Pomerleau building. For additional information or if you like to help with any events or serve on any Charter Day committees, please contact Inge Schaefer at email@example.com or Marilyn Cormier at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maureen Dakin at email@example.com.
Please like our Facebook page – Colchester, VT 250th Anniversary and spread the word about this exciting celebration with your friends and neighbors. You can also take a look at our website at http://www.colchester250.org/.